Views: 200 Author: Ubest Publish Time: 2023-08-22 Origin: Site
Outdoor activities are becoming increasingly popular among people because they allow them to not only enjoy the beauty of nature but also to exercise and relax. However, the issue of electricity should not be overlooked in the outdoors. Many electrical devices cannot be used normally if there is no stable power supply, and this can have an impact on safety and comfort. As a result, many people will carry portable energy storage devices to protect outdoor electricity. Outdoor batteries and outdoor power supplies are the two most common types of energy storage devices on the market today. So, what is the distinction between them? They will be introduced in the following ways in this article: Related product: portable power station.
Outdoor batteries are a type of energy storage equipment that specializes in providing starting and power supplies for automobiles, recreational vehicles, and boats, among other things. It is primarily made up of lead-acid or lithium-ion batteries, which have a high capacity, stable output, and low-temperature resistance. Outdoor batteries typically only have a direct current output and can be connected to a car battery or other direct current loads via a car socket or clip to provide additional power. For extended use, outdoor batteries can be recharged using solar panels or AC chargers.
1. Large capacity to start and power high-power devices such as automobiles;
2. Stable output, unaffected by ambient temperature;
3. Durable and can withstand a large number of charging and discharging cycles;
4. Relatively inexpensive and cost-effective.
5. The disadvantages of outdoor batteries are:
6. Heavyweight, not easy to carry and move;
7. Only DC output can provide power for AC loads;
8. Slower charging speed, it takes a longer time to be full;
9. Lower safety, prone to leakage, explosions, and other accidents.
The outdoor power supply is a type of multifunctional portable energy storage power supply that includes a built-in lithium-ion battery or lithium-iron phosphorus battery that can store electricity and has an AC output. The product is lightweight, has a high capacity and power, is easy to transport, and can be used both indoors and outdoors. It can be used both inside and outside. It can be charged using either conventional or solar energy, depending on the usage conditions. It has an ultra-high-power 100-240V AC output and a variety of DC output modules such as 5V, 9V, 12V, and so on. It is not only able to start the car in an emergency but also suitable for emergency use of various types of loads, e.g., power supply for consumer electronic products and in-car electrical appliances, to provide a reliable power supply guarantee.
1. Lightweight, easy to carry and move;
2. With AC output, it can provide power for various types of loads.
3. Fast charging speed, which can be quickly filled by fast charging technology or solar panels;
4. High safety, with multiple protection measures to prevent overcharging, over-discharging, over-current, over-temperature, short-circuiting, and other abnormalities.
1. Relatively small capacity, can't provide long-term power supply for high-power equipment;
2. The output is not stable enough, which may affect the performance and life of the load;
3. The price is relatively high, and the cost performance is low.
From the above introduction, we can see that the outdoor battery and outdoor power supply have the following differences:
Battery type: Outdoor batteries generally use lead-acid batteries or lithium-ion batteries, outdoor power supplies generally use lithium-ion batteries or lithium-iron phosphorus batteries;
Output mode: Outdoor battery only DC output, outdoor power supply has AC output and DC output;
Charging method: Outdoor batteries are generally charged through solar panels or AC chargers, and outdoor power supplies are generally charged through fast-charging technology or solar panels;
Weight and capacity: Outdoor batteries are heavier in weight and larger in capacity, outdoor power supplies are lighter in weight and smaller in capacity;
Price and cost-effectiveness: outdoor batteries are less expensive and more cost-effective, and outdoor power supplies are more expensive and less cost-effective.
Outdoor batteries and outdoor power supplies are two types of energy storage devices; each has advantages and disadvantages and is appropriate for different situations and needs. When selecting, you should take into account your usage, budget, safety, and other factors, and then select the best product for you.